Get the PDF Download add-on to stop crashes, view PDF as HTML, and convert Web pages to PDF.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn how to setup the PDF Download bookmarklet on your Apple iPad.
Install the PDF Download bookmarklet on the iPad
We will complete the following steps via the iPad.
Prepare your Apple iPad & open this tutorial in mobile Safari
- Next, open the Safari app and open this current page (go to iosbookmarklets.com and search for “PDF Download” and select the tutorial for the iPad).
- Now copy the code in the section (PDF Download bookmarklet code)
Create a temporary bookmark in mobile Safari
Next, tap on the share icon (square with arrow) at the top of your Safari page and tap “Bookmark.” Ensure that it will be saving to the “Favorites” and then tap “Save.”
Update the temporary bookmark with the code for the bookmarklet
- Now tap on the bookmark icon (open book) to pull up your bookmarks. Tap on the “Favorites” folder. Then tap “Edit” in the corner of your window.
- Select the bookmark that you just created. Change the name to something of your choice – perhaps ‘PDF Download’ or ‘Run PDF Download’.
- Next, erase the URL shown and paste the bookmarklet code for PDF Download (press and hold, then release, then tap “Paste”).
- Tap “Favorites” located in the bottom top left corner to go back. Tap “Done” located in the corner. Tap the bookmark icon to make it disappear.
Those are all the steps! You’ve now installed the PDF Download bookmarklet on your Apple iPad.
PDF Download bookmarklet code
To copy the code below — press and hold on the code and then release; then adjust the blue overlay so it covers the entire code, and tap “Copy.”
If you found this tutorial helpful, then please share it with a friend.
Image credit: Pdfdownload.org
Bookmarklet code credit: http://www.pdfdownload.org/pdf_bookmarklet.html